For Immediate Release: 27/07/2022. London, UK.
The MRS Inclusion Pledge involves five commitments that contribute to safer and more representative workplaces, such as publishing pay statistics annually and improving recruitment practices.
FlexMR are proud to have signed the Market Research Society Inclusion pledge, reflecting our commitment to promoting diversity, equality and inclusion within the insight industry. This marks a key step in our journey to creating a better future. It forms a significant part of our ongoing commitment to our staff, ensuring everybody at FlexMR feels heard, empowered and able to drive positive change.
In taking this action, we are joining 60+ market research firms within the UK who are contributing to long-lasting, sustainable and meaningful change. We are honoured to be in good company – with a diverse array of firms that collectively will be able to create a fairer industry, that better reflects the makeup of those we represent.
Specifically, by signing the pledge, we have agreed to five key commitments:
- 1. Gather, and where appropriate, publish pay statistics annually and where it is found, dismantle pay discrimination based on gender and ethnicity.
- 2. Work towards ensuring our staff are representative of the full diversity of our business locations.
- 3. Work towards the achievement of appropriate government targets for the representation of women and minority ethnic groups at senior management and board level.
- 4. Improve the recruitment of a representative intake with initiatives such as ending unpaid internships and supporting school university and apprenticeship programmes.
- 5. Create safe places to work for all, committing to:
- a. Create accessible environments in our offices for all staff and visitors
- b. Adopt timeTo Code of Conduct on sexual harassment
- c. Develop a proactive culture that supports whistle blowing
- d. Train staff to recognise those who need help for stress or mental wellbeing
- e. Create appropriate support systems
Pam Taylor, Managing Director of FlexMR commented, “We’re incredibly proud of the team and culture that we have at FlexMR. Without such passionate and dedicated staff, we simply wouldn’t be able to deliver the high-quality technology and service that we are known for. But as our business continues to grow, it’s important that we continue to do so in a way that celebrates diversity. I strongly believe that embracing inclusivity, and the principles of the MRS pledge, will help us achieve this and attract the best talent from both inside & outside of the research sector.”
Joining the MRS Inclusion Pledge reflects only one part of our DEI journey. In early 2022, we outlined our full plan to advocate and support diversity and inclusion within the sector. This has also included introducing mental health days for all employees, developing a staff representative programme and increasing access to external resources.
Gareth Bowden, Head of Operations, added, “There has been a visible step-change over the past few years in how companies and industries are proactively working to create a future free from historic and ongoing structural inequalities. It’s a work in progress, but I’m proud to be part of an industry and company at the forefront of that conversation. The workplace of the future will look very different to the workplace of today, and it is for us all to make.”
About the MRS
The Market Research Society (MRS) is the UK professional body for research, insight and analytics. The MRS recognises 5,000 individual members and over 500 accredited Company Partners in over 50 countries who are committed to delivering outstanding insight. As the regulator, the body promotes the highest professional standards throughout the sector via the MRS Code of Conduct.
FlexMR is the Insights Empowerment Company. As markets grow and consumers evolve, brands must fight to stay at the forefront of industry. To succeed in this competitive landscape, research teams need an insights partner they can rely on. A partner dedicated to their success. That’s what we do. We thrive on making insight more relevant, more accessible and more impactful - whilst overcoming the challenges that modern research, product and marketing teams face.